Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 7

Hi everybody!

I'm up in the hotel room after a long day. First we went and helped out at the Biblioteca. Some of us went on the "Mobile Library" and the rest went to the actual library. The Mobile Library is a library on wheels pretty much. The people on it visit differents schools up the mountain and help kids pick out books and read.

After the library people got off their "shift" we hung out at the hotel and waited for the mobile library to get back. When everybody was back, we went down to the beach(it's like, 3 blocks from the hotel). However, the waters were INFESTED with jellyfish. Little ones. I got stung, wait for it...

ELEVEN TIMES.

They don't hurt too much. They sort of sting for a while and then they numb and then they're fine. I also saw a jellyfish. It was about as big as my hand and pink.

Then we got to go to the Infinity Pools. The Infinity Pools are a type of pool that looks like it's going on forever. They actually stop at a part and the water falls into a little trench at the bottom. There was a fountain there that, if you sat in it, would really really really sting the jellyfish sores. But it was okay if you were in the water. I got a lot of good pictures of the sunset.

I also finished all of my gift shopping. And all of my shopping in general. I can't believe I'll be home in two days.

Love y'all

Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience--educational and fun, who knew? When you get back, you should try to post some of your pictures to your blog.

    ReplyDelete